New York City Estate Planning & Probate
The Law Offices of Roman Aminov is an estate lawyer in Queens also servicing the greater Brooklyn & Manhattan region. We are here to offer individualized attention and customized solutions to your estate planning, probate, elder law, and real estate needs. Whether you are looking for a will, power of attorney, or health care proxy, or require more sophisticated planning involving the use of living trusts, we are here to advise, plan, and help you realize your personal and financial goals.
At the Law Offices Of Roman Aminov, our clients needs and comfort come before anything else. We handle everything from wills, health care proxies, power of attorney, trusts & estates. Our firm has years of experience ascertaining our client’s situation and implementing a plan that will help fulfill their goals. From simple to complex family situations, we are here to help.
Elder Law Attorney In The Five Boroughs:
When it comes to Medicaid planning and the use of Irrevocable Medicaid Trusts to protect your home and assets while allowing you to receive the care you need, trust our elder law planning expertise to guide you to your objectives.
Probate & Estate Administration, Brooklyn & NYC Surrogate Courts:
A loss of a loved one can bring much pain to a family. The legal process of probate and/or estate administration should not compound that pain. Let our estate planning & probate attorneys assist you in navigating the legal maze. Our firm also specializes in all form of estate litigation, probate & estate administration.
- Article 81 Guardianships for Incapacitated Adults In NY
- Executor And Administrator Bonds In NY Surrogates Court
- Accessing a Deceased Relative’s Residence After Death
- Administrator and Executor Commissions on New York Estates
- Wrongful Death Compromises at Surrogate’s Court
- What Are Probate Assets?
- When To Update An Estate Plan
- Why You Need an Estate Plan for Your Pet
- Duties Of An Executor In A New York Probate Matter
- Removing The Executor of An Estate In NYS & NYC
- Compelling the Production of a Decedent’s Will in New York
- Estate Planning For Special Needs & Disabled Children
- I Have Been Disinherited: What Are My Rights?
- How Can I Locate the Assets of a Loved One in New York?
- Four Tips to Saving Money on Estate Planning
- Costs Of Estate Planning In New York
- 4 Questions Estate Planning Lawyers Ask When Drafting A Will
- Funding Your Living Trust
- Step-up in Basis: Is There Tax on the Sale of Inherited Real Estate?
- 3 Estate Planning Steps for New Parents
- Preliminary Letters Testamentary in Probate Court
- New York Estate Accountings: An Overview
- Contesting a Will in New York: An Overview of Will Contests
- Probating a Copy of a Lost Will in New York
- Estate Planning for Young Families
- Removing 805 Bond Restrictions in Brooklyn Surrogate’s Court
- Medicaid Planning for Parents in New York
Super Lawyers® NY Estate Law Rising Star: 3 Years Running
The founder of the Law Offices of Roman Aminov, Roman Aminov is a compassionate and dedicated attorney for his clients in New York. His legal practice is divided among the areas of probate law, estate Planning, Medicaid planning, elder law and estate administration. Our services are available at several locations throughout the five boroughs of NYC, call now to schedule at the office closest to you.
Mr. Aminov graduated from Baruch College in 2006 with his Bachelor of Science in real estate development magna cum laude. He went on to attend St. John’s University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2010. He is licensed to practice law before all of the state courts of New York.
Recognized for his legal ability and ethics, Mr. Aminov holds a perfect 10.0 “Superb” rating from his peers through Avvo. He was also awarded the special needs lawyer Client’s Choice Award by Avvo for 2012 through 2014. For three years running, Roman has been recognized as a Super Lawyers® rising start for his legal field.
Mr. Aminov is dedicated to his community and works as a long-standing columnist for both CHAZAQ Magazine and The Jewish Home. He is also actively involved as a member in the New York State, Queens County and New York City Bar associations, along with the Nassau County Bar Association, the New York County Lawyers’ Association and the American Bar Association. Mr. Aminov serves as a member of the board of the Queens Jewish Community Council. He has also worked to help educate others by serving as an adjunct professor in the paralegal department at Bramson ORT College, where he taught a class about estate administration and estate planning. Mr. Aminov has also been a guest lecturer on estate planning matters at the Orthodox Union.
Tips For Selecting a Probate Attorney:
1. Find an attorney who will listen to your unique problem or concern.
2. Determine that the lawyer has experience in dealing with the Queens Surrogates courts.
3. Read reviews past clients have left for the lawyer.
4. Find out how lawyer charges i.e. hourly, flat, or on a contingency basis.
5. Make sure that there is a good level of trust between you and the estate attorney.
Benefits of Hiring An Estate Planning Attorney:
1. Provide peace of mind for your loved ones.
2. Plan for incapacity.
3. Save legal fees, taxes, and court fees by using a qualified Estate Planning Lawyer.
4. Appoint guardians for minor children.
5. Give your assets to who you want to have them; not to whomever the state decides under intestacy
NYC Real Estate Attorney Services
Our firm provides real estate lawyer services for buyers and sellers of Queens real estate including commercial, residential, condominium, and co-op properties. We walk you through the entire process and make sure that your legal rights are represented and you are fully protected.
What Happens If A Parent Did Not Leave A Will?
If your mother or father passed away the spouse will be the automatic heir of all the assets. In the event that the spouse is not living the children will split the anticancer equally. In the event one of the children is deceased then their children would inherit that allotted portion. In a situation like this, many legal intricacies can arise and a Queens estate lawyer should be contacted
What Is The Cost Of Probating An Estate?
One should not put themselves in a situation where they would need to embark into the probate process in order to claim and estate. The process is tedious and costly and can be avoided by simply assigning a living trust for the estate. In the event it’s too late you can contact our office and help you understand what a probate proceeding entails and what the different costs can potentially be. The costs will vary from case to case.
Probate Law Services:
Lost a loved one? We can help you navigate the legal process known as probate or estate administration. Transferring assets from someone who passed away can be a very daunting task. The Law Offices of Roman Aminov is here to help you every step of the way from the court room to the collection of assets to the distribution.
Probate: If the decedent passed away leaving a will, the will has to be presented for probate in the Queens Surrogate’s Court (For Probate) or a similar court in the the county in which they lived. The will names an executor to administer the estate, and an estate attorney assists the executor in filing a petition to the court and going through the probate process.
Estate Administration: If the decedent did not leave a will, the next of kin can file a petition for estate administration in the Queens Surrogate’s Court. An estate administration lawyer from our office can assist in this daunting task.
Speak to aprobate attorney today for a free phone consultation at 347-766-2685.
Estate Planning & Elder Law
It is vital for every person, especially individuals with families, to know what is going to happen to their assets after their eventual passing. It is just as important to avoid any unnecessary fees and estate taxes. A free consultation with an estate planning attorney to review your current financial, familial, and health situation is the first step towards gaining clarity in understanding who will watch over your minor children, how you will be buried, and how your assets will be distributed after your passing. At The Law Offices Of Roman Aminov we work together with you and your advisers (financial, tax, etc) to analyze your current situation. We then develop a custom tailored and comprehensive estate plan which may include a last will and testament, a durable power of attorney, a health care proxy, testamentary trusts, a living trust, an irrevocable trust, and other transfer techniques designed to effectuate your wishes while saving estate taxes. We also look at your health care situation and advise you if an a Medicaid Asset Protection Trust is right for you. We professionally and diligently execute the proper documents and advise you on how to notify executors, trustees, and potential legal guardians.
Speak to a Estate Planning lawyer in Queens today for a free phone consultation at 347-766-2685